Recent Posts

June 24, 2010

Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil


Hot, hot, hot. One word for this recent weather. I've been using sunblock like crazy, trying to protect my skin from the damaging rays of the sun but here I ran into a little issue. Do you ever feel like your regular cleanser just doesn't do the job of dissolving your stubborn waterproof sunblock completely? Well I know I do, but recently I discovered something pretty amazing to help me clean my skin. Shu Uemura High Performance Balancing Oil Fresh (pink color). I've heard of these oils before but I thought to myself "why in the world I would put even more oil on my face"? But since I am pretty much a sucker for skin care products I wanted to try it anyway and see why people are raving about it. If you wear waterproof makeup, sunblock, long wearing foundation - you absolutely have to try this product.

I got the pink color one and it is lightweight cleansing oil suited for someone with oily and combination skin. The way I personally use it maybe is different from how you would use it but here it goes. I take one or two pumps of this oil and apply it on my dry skin. Really working it with my fingers I dissolve my makeup and only then do I add a little bit of water to it and the oil starts to emulsify  and became more like a milky texture. I work it through my entire face and then splash it with warm water. You might be happy with just doing this and may skip the next step but I like to use a little bit of my regular foam cleanser after my cleansing oil, just to make sure all traces of makeup are gone and my skin is squeaky clean. Yes, it is a two-step cleansing process but I do feel the difference in my skin and I know for sure that all that dirt and sunscreen from the long day is gone from every pore and my skin can breath at night. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails