Recent Posts

April 24, 2010

Tuscan chicken salad

Hello darlings, how's everybody's weekend going so far? I've been busy getting ready for my trip to Korea, I have only a few days left  before I can see my dear hubby again. 
So I've been on a health kick lately, working out a lot and eating healthy. Forget about big meals, processed food, sugars and soda. I am loving the way my body responds to good food. I did lose some weight in a last couple of months and pretty happy about it. By no means did I "need" to loose weight, I am pretty slim, but I felt like with the crazy job hours and moving half way across country - I stopped taking care of my body like I used to and put on a few. So now, I am back into toned shape, gained muscle in all the right places and my body works like a clock, thanks to routine exercise and healthy food. 
Today I want to share with you one of my favorite lunch salads. I won't get into right proportions and all, just adjust it to your taste.


You will need grilled chicken breast (skinless and boneless), fire-roasted peppers, grilled asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, julienned carrot, cleaned button mushrooms sliced. For the dressing I like to use a mix of Extra Virgin olive oil with a little champagne vinaigrette and lemon zest. Don't forget to add lots of italian herbs, black pepper and sea salt. Normally I would also add fresh basil, but mine died  couple of days ago so had to do without it. Let it "sit" for a couple of hours in the ice box before eating. Bon Appetite! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails